South Fork 1 Day
This trip is great for large groups and families. With easy logistics and plenty of class II and III rapids, your day will be filled with fun on the river. We start the first half of this trip on an easier class II section of river. Then stop for a delicious lunch served alongside the river. After lunch, this trip enters into the Gorge Section where the river becomes half as wide and twice as fast ensuring an exhilarating wet and wild ride for all. This trip concludes on the banks of Folsom Lake with a shuttle ride back to our meeting location and your cars.
We meet at 10 AM for check in, orientation and gear. After a safety talk and introduction to your guide, it's time to lather up the sunscreen and board our rafts. You will experience many class II rapids before we stop alongside the river for a deli-style lunch prepared fresh by your guide. After lunch, we enter The South Fork Gorge for a big thrill of class III rapids, including: Fowler's Rock, Satan's Cesspool, Upper and Lower Haystacks, Bouncing Rock, and Hospital Bar. Then we take out at Folsom Lake for a short ride back to Camp. Plan to be back to your cars around 4 PM.
All of California River Adventures’ South Fork American River Trips meet at River Park Resort, 7321River Park Drive, Lotus, CA 95651. Please be sure to print and use these directions as GPS and online directions become less accurate on these country roads.
Directions from Sacramento US-50:
- Take US-50 E towards S Lake Tahoe
- Exit at Ponderosa Road/Exit # 37
- Turn left over highway overpass. (0.2 mi)
- Turn Right immediately after the overpass onto N. Shingle Road (4.5 mi)
- N. Shingle Road turns into Lotus Rd.
- Continue on Lotus Rd (6.7 mi)
- Turn left at Highway 49 drive over bridge and look for a left turning lane 200 yards past the bridge. (0.2 mi)
- Turn left at RIver Park Drive.
- Take River Park Drive into the Beyond Limits Camp at River Park Resort. Park in the main lot and look for the Trip Check In sign on our store. Check in here.
What to Bring
California River Adventures provides most everything you will need for your whitewater rafting trip. Please bring the following items for each participant to help make your trip more pleasurable.
- Drinking water in a durable bottle
- 1-2 layers of long sleeved synthetic tops (Spring or high water)
- Cotton T-shirt (hot Summer days)
- Brimmed hat
- Sneakers, river sandals, or wetsuit booties
- Sunglasses with straps
- Dry clothes to change into after trip
Camping and Lodging
Camping and Lodging is available at River Park Resort. Please call 530-622-0553 for pricing and availability.