South Fork Gorge - Afternoon Half Day
The 1/2 Day Gorge Trip is perfect for groups with mixed abilities. Those leaning towards the cautious will be at ease knowing that there is a class II warm-up section for all the crew to get their feet wet. Those looking to experience the thrill of the class III rapids will find it during the final portion of the trip as the boats enter the South Fork Gorge.
Once in the Gorge, the rapids come fast and are sure to thrill your senses. Rapids include Fowler's Rock, Satan's Cesspool, Upper and Lower Haystacks, Bouncing Rock, and Hospital Bar.
The 1/2 Day Gorge Trip meets at 1 PM at River Park Resort in Lotus, CA. After orientation and safety talk, we raft for about 12 miles down to Folsom Lake where our shuttle awaits to give us a ride back to Camp. Plan to be back to your vehicle at around 6 PM.
All of California River Adventures’ South Fork American River Trips meet at River Park Resort, 7321 River Park Drive, Lotus, CA 95651. Please be sure to print and use these directions as GPS and online directions become less accurate on these country roads.
Directions from Sacramento US-50:
- Take US-50 E towards S Lake Tahoe
- Exit at Ponderosa Road/Exit # 37
- Turn left over highway overpass. (0.2 mi)
- Turn Right immediately after the overpass onto N. Shingle Road (4.5 mi)
- N. Shingle Road turns into Lotus Rd.
- Continue on Lotus Rd (6.7 mi)
- Turn left at Highway 49 drive over bridge and look for a left turning lane 200 yards past the bridge. (0.2 mi)
- Turn left at RIver Park Drive.
- Take River Park Drive into the Beyond Limits Camp at River Park Resort. Park in the main lot and look for the Trip Check In sign on our store. Check in here.
What to Bring
California River Adventures provides all the rafting gear you will need for your whitewater rafting trip. Please bring the following items for each participant to help make your trip more pleasurable.
- Drinking water in a durable bottle
- 1-2 layers of long sleeved synthetic tops (Spring or high water)
- Cotton T-shirt (hot Summer days)
- Brimmed hat
- Sneakers or river sandals
- Sunglasses with straps
- Dry clothes to change into after trip
Camping and Lodging
Camping and Lodging is available at River Park Resort. Please call 530-622-0553 for pricing and availability.